Re: [xsl] Problem sorting alphabetically: all uppercase entries come first.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problem sorting alphabetically: all uppercase entries come first.
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:49:43 GMT

Oops, sorry wrong example.

I said that the upercase first ordering was A B C a b c
which is clearly wrong it is

A a B b C c

so...

The issue being what is meant by "uppercase first" in the spec.
I think that the only possible reading of the spec is that it specifies
an ordering on letters:
A a B b C c
which you then extend to words by lexicographic ordering :

Acc
abb
Bcc
baa

It appears though, that xslt systems have implemented the ordering more
common in dictionaries where ordering is first done on a case
insensitive way and then upper-case first only used to order words that
are identical apart from case:

abb
Acc
baa