[xsl] Getting rid of a namespace declaration

Subject: [xsl] Getting rid of a namespace declaration
From: "Patricia Murray" <Patricia.Murray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 11:03:03 -0000
Can anyone help me with my problem!

I have a stylesheet that creates some xhtml and then incorporates xhtml
from another page. The problem is that the namespace from the
incorporated xhtml page is coming too and I don't want it to. Is there
anyway that I can do something in the template so the namespaces don't
come along too.

At the top of the stylesheet, I define the xhtml namespace
<xsl:stylesheet
  version="2.0"
  xmlns:xhtml=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml  ....

In the body of the xsl stylesheet:

<xsl:apply-templates
select="document(concat('input/',$outputfile))//body |
document(concat('input/',$outputfile))//xhtml:body" />

The template that matches

<xsl:template match="xhtml:body">
<xsl:copy-of select="*" />
</xsl:template>

The xhtml page I am incorporating has the xhtml namespace as a default
namespace

The result looks like this and I don't want those xmlns attributes ...

            <h1 xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>The Census</h1>
            <h2 xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";>Collecting the data
</h2>
people and households in the UK are counted. This census of the
population last took place on 29th April

Help!

Yours, Trish