Re: AW: AW: [xsl] tomcat web server and dynamic XSL

Subject: Re: AW: AW: [xsl] tomcat web server and dynamic XSL
From: "Emmanuil Batsis (Manos)" <mbatsis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:56:49 +0300
If it works for your browser when using the filesystem it can work for your browser when... browsing ;-)

Go to your <Tomcat installation directory>/conf/web.xml and add the following mime entry (after you back up and make sure you dont have to edit an existing one):

<mime-mapping>
<extension>xsl</extension>
<mime-type>text/xml</mime-type>
</mime-mapping>

You are using .xsl not .xslt, right?

hth,

Manos

Nikolas Nehmer wrote:

I don't know?!(&"&%'(

Maybe the dynamic delivery of XSL files to the browser, dependent on the
stylesheet tag in the xml file is not possible? I thought the Browser
would create another http request when he realizes that he needs a
stylesheet. But obviously this does not work and i have to transform the
xml files on server side?!

Best regards,
Nick

|-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----

Your
|path is right so this could be a MIME issue?
|
|Emmanuil Batsis (Manos) wrote:
|
|>> The XML file was saved in
Tomcat/webapps/myproject/XML/list/filename.xml
|>> The XSL file was saved in
Tomcat/webapps/myproject/XSL/visualisation.xsl
|>> And thats the stylesheet tag is used in my xml file:
|>> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="../../XSL/visualisation.xsl"?>

|> Then that should be (you only want one level up, not two)
|>
|> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="../XSL/visualisation.xsl"?>
|>
|> Cheers,

|--
|Manos Batsis
|
|     _  __    __                    __