RE: [xsl] XSLT and unexpected text ouput?

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT and unexpected text ouput?
From: "Brinkman, Theodore" <Theodore.Brinkman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 12:59:45 -0400
Sounds like the default templates are being called.  You'll probably need to do something like <xsl:template match="InsertMatchHere"/> to replace the default templates with templates which don't output anything.

For example, if I had some XML that looked like:
<root>
	<branch1>...content...</branch1>
	<othernode>...content...</othernode>
</root>

and an XSLT stylesheet which only had the following template:
<xsl:template match="branch1">
	...do stuff...
</xsl:template>

I would get all the leaf content of othernode underneath the branch1 processed output.  To avoid getting the othernode content, I would need to add an 'empty' template to override the default template, like this:
<xsl:template match="othernode"/>

	- Theo