Re: [xsl] killing xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] killing xslt
From: Jeff Kenton <Jeffrey.Kenton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:02:00 -0400
I think everyone is being too pessimistic on the subject of XSLT 2.0. In a previous lifetime, when I was Chairman of the OASIS XSLT Conformance Committee, I was aware of at least 4 XSLT 2.0 development projects or announced betas. So, even if Microsoft won't have one right away, there will be XSLT 2.0 processors available. And, some (but not all ;-) of the new features will draw users and more support as time goes on. XSLT 1.0 didn't take off overnight either, but it grew as folks discovered its uses.

=    Jeff Kenton      Consulting and software development               =
=                     http://home.comcast.net/~jeffrey.kenton           =