RE: [xsl] dynamically generated XSL that needs to include namespace for extension functions

Subject: RE: [xsl] dynamically generated XSL that needs to include namespace for extension functions
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 13:43:28 +0100
> I am using a stylesheet to generate XSL within an
> xsl:document command.

Not sure what you mean by the xsl:document "command" - do you mean the XSLT
1.1 instruction of that name?

> The problem I have is that I want to include the xmlns:str
> namespace to my
> generated stylesheet so that I can use the EXSLT string function
> uri-decode().

XSLT 2.0 has an xsl:namespace instruction for this purpose. In 1.0 there is
a workaround: copy the namespace from a source document. E.g.

<xsl:variable name="dummy">
  <str:dummy xmlns:str="the namespace"/>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:copy-of select="xx:node-set($dummy)//namespace::str"/>

Michael Kay

(XQuery, incidentally, decided not to provide this capability. I think I
will start pointing out all the things you can do with XSLT 2.0 and not with
XQuery 1.0, just in case anyone believes that Microsoft have got it
right...)