RE: [xsl] adding unparsed entities

Subject: RE: [xsl] adding unparsed entities
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 09:29:15 +0300
Hi,

> I am transforming a document to TEI.2. TEI.2 requires that graphics
> (such as JPEGS) be included using unparsed entities.
>
> I assume there is no way to really add an unparsed entity to a result
> tree (except by using escaping, which I don't like to do). Am
> I correct?
> Has anyone come across this problem?

You could use extensions offered by some processors, e.g. Saxon gives you

  <saxon:doctype xsl:extension-element-prefixes="saxon">
    <dtd:doctype name="booklist">
      <dtd:entity name="cover" system="cover.gif" notation="GIF"/>
      <dtd:notation name="GIF" system="http://gif.org/"/>
    </dtd:doctype>
  </saxon:doctype>

or you could write out the entity declarations as processing instructions and use your own serializer to turn them into entity declarations in the internal subset.

Cheers,

Jarno - Painbastard: Damned To Suffer