Re: [xsl] Converting a Batch File to XML

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting a Batch File to XML
From: "gfranco" <garvin_franco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 16:49:53 -0400
Thanks Michael and Bryce for your responses.
We need a style sheet to get the job done for us. We are aware of XML
Convert and other tools of this nature that will enable us to fulfill the
transformation requirements (tactical solution), but we need something more
of an open nature to fulfill our strategic direction. Based on what I have
heard so far, XSLT 2.0 is the easiest way to accompish this, but we are not
ready to move to this version :-( . We also have java programs doing xml to
fixed length text, but we are unable to share this code base across
different platforms. We want to be able to write the style sheet once and
use in other places across the organization, and this is why a style sheet,
rather than a proprietary tool is more appealing to us.  So if anyone else
has any other ideas, I would really appreciate your thoughts....

Regards
Garvin