Re: [xsl] Uri resolver in Saxon 8

Subject: Re: [xsl] Uri resolver in Saxon 8
From: Barry Lay <blay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:19:51 -0400
Marcus,

I tend to use a URIResolver for this sort of thing. The javax.xml.transform.Source interface does not define a mechanism for determining the source file location (there may not even be one) so the XSL transform has no way of knowing where the XSL file came from, thus can't find things relative to it. Using a resolver allows you to specify the relative location of imports at run time which is also useful for testing. You could put the value in an environment variable or system property.

The resolve(href, base) method returns a Source object which gives you plenty of flexibility - the imported stylesheet doesn't even have to be in a file.

Barry

Marcus Andersson wrote:

I'm trying to import a stylesheet from another stylesheet with Saxon 8 from a servlet running in Tomcat and I'm using dom4j for the documents. I am using TransformerFactory.newTemplates(xslSource).

How do I need to set it up to make the resolver resolve relative urls (<xsl:import href="common.xsl"/> where common.xsl resides in the same dir as the importing xsl)? The same happens when I use include.

When I do according to the above I get the following in the log:
Error at xsl:import on line -1 of :
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\WINDOWS\system32\common.xsl (The system cannot find the
file specified)

So, what should I do to make my setup work? I have obviously made an error somewhere. Does it depend on how I create my javax.xml.transform.Source for the XSL? Or do I really have to implement a custom URIResolver for this, what I believe, pretty common case?

/Marcus