Re: [xsl] Ideas for creating quotation collection

Subject: Re: [xsl] Ideas for creating quotation collection
From: Steffen Glückselig <glueckselig@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:03:44 +0200
Hello,

First, can you not clean up your XML so you don't have to worry about
the case-sensitivity?  How about, for example, an id for each name --
where you have code like  <source idref="twain">Mark Twain</source> --
and then group by id?
Yes, I would do something like this if I'd start my collection from
scratch. Alas, it currently contains 900 quotes. I wouldn't want to
categorize these by hand. So I've opted for the automatic categorization.

With respect to how to code this, the grouping support in XSLT 2.0 is
certainly useful for this sort of thing.  I got some help from Jeni
Tennison a few weeks back on this issue, in a thread called "regexs,
grouping (?) and XSLT2?"  The problem I had was more complex, but you
could probably adapt it.
Thanks, I'll have a look into that thread...

regards Steffen