RE: [xsl] Adding empty elements for alignment

Subject: RE: [xsl] Adding empty elements for alignment
From: "Kevin Bird" <kevin.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:36:23 +0100
Hi David

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried your code but the following line did not work.

>     <xsl:value-of select="$r2/column[@seq=position()]"/>

but when I added a variable and used that inside the predicate instead
of the position() function, things worked as expected.

<xsl:variable name="position" select="position()"/>
<xsl:value-of select="$r2/column[@seq=$position]"/>

Can you please explain why?

Thanks.

--