[xsl] xpath (comparing?)

Subject: [xsl] xpath (comparing?)
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:52:36 -0400
I've reworked my code to make what I'm doing easier, by creating two new virtual elements in the temporary tree: mods:refclass and mods:reftype.

However, I'm still stuck on the last part of putting it all together into a proper xpath (2.0) expression.

So I need to modify the below based on this logic:

- if the mods:reftype=some value, and that value has an equivalent style definition (cs:reftype/@name='some value'), then use it
- if not, then default to "article" (which is required)

<xsl:when test="mods:refclass='part-inSerial'">
<xsl:apply-templates select="$style-biblio/(for $t in $refclass-partInSerial
return cs:reftype[not(@inherit-from)][@name=$t])[1]/(cs:* except cs:creator)">
<xsl:with-param name="source" select="."/>
</xsl:apply-templates>
</xsl:when>

So at it's most basic: if mods:reftype='legal case' and cs:reftype/@name='legal case' exists, use it, etc. What is my <xsl:when test=".."> statement?

Bruce