[xsl] selective transformation

Subject: [xsl] selective transformation
From: Mattison <peacock@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:01:48 -0500 (EST)
I'm trying to transform an xml file using xsl but only need to modify one of the tags. It is probably better to give a simple exmaple.

<Books>
  <book>
    <title>Some Book</title>
    <author>A Uthor</author>
    <summary>A summary goes 		here.</summary>
  </book>
  <!-- more book nodes follow -->
</Books>

What I want to do is reproduce the xml like but do a normalize-space(.) on the summary. I know a couple ways to do it but they all involve selecting and reproducing every node in either a for-each or an assortment of apply-template tags. Is there some simple way to do a transform that will send everything through untouched by run normalize-space(.) on the summary tag? Thanks.

Mattison