Re: [xsl] Add attributes Processed File

Subject: Re: [xsl] Add attributes Processed File
From: "contest.vix" <contest.vix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 14:12:56 -0200
Hi,
thanks for helping.
The problem is that I have to group a set of XML elements that is on the same
level at the XML document tree.
My document is like this:
<root>
 <a flag="false">
   <b flag="false"/>
 </a>
 <c>
    <b flag="false"/>
    <b flag="false">
       <a flag="true"/>
       <b flag="true"/>
       <a flag="true"/>
       <a flag="true"/>
       <a flag="true"/>
    </b>
 </c>
</root>

I must group all elements "a" with attribute flag="true" follwed by a element
"b" with attribute flag="true"  with at the same level in the XML document
tree. Fox example, in the exemple above, It should goup:
       <a flag="true"/>
       <b flag="true"/>
       <a flag="true"/>
       <a flag="true"/>
       <a flag="true"/>
So I must group all groups of elements "a" that has one element "b" among
them.

Do you have any idea in how can I do that?
The only solution that i think is to mark te already processed elements "a".

Thanks a lot,
Roger.

> Roger,
>
> At 02:28 PM 12/2/2004, you wrote:
> >Is it possible to add attributes or some mark to the document been
> >trosnformed to avoid to process the same node?
> >Is there a way to mark a node to avoid to process it again?
>
> Not in a single processing pass, no.
>
> In fact the whole idea runs against a basic design principle of XSLT, that
> it be "side-effect free". This is an aspect of the language that gives it a
> number of notable advantages; its down side is that you can't do precisely
> the thing you are asking about.
>
> Why do you want to do this? Chances are good that XSLT provides you another
> way to accomplish your goal, and if not, splitting your process into more
> than one pass can also be done.
>
> Regards,
> Wendell

> Wendell Piez mailto:wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Mulberry Technologies, Inc. http://www.mulberrytech.com
> 17 West Jefferson Street Direct Phone: 301/315-9635
> Suite 207 Phone: 301/315-9631
> Rockville, MD 20850 Fax: 301/315-8285
> Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in SGML and XML

AntiPop-up UOL - I gratis!
http://antipopup.uol.com.br/