RE: [xsl] how to understand a complex stylesheet

Subject: RE: [xsl] how to understand a complex stylesheet
From: George James <GeorgeJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:56:05 -0000
Henning
The discussion at that site mentions PXSL which is a non-XML way of
expressing XSL templates.

I find this idea very attractive and helps to visually differentiate the
XSLT components from the XML literal result elements.

I'm aware of PXSL, NiceXSL and XSLSscript.  All are trying to do similar
things, but to me each one has its own strengths and weaknesses.  There is
also XQuery which uses non-XML syntax to process XML data (although this is
really a different animal).

Some kind of visual modeling/design tool that generated XSL would be a very
interesting idea.

Regards
George

George James Software