Re: [xsl] msxml apostrophe encoding

Subject: Re: [xsl] msxml apostrophe encoding
From: fchoodless@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:32:32 +0000
Thanks for all of the responses.   I've tried all of your suggestions, but with no success.  (tried changing the encoding of the HTML file, removed document.write and the double transform(thanks!), and tried the windows-1252 encoding on the output and html file)

I did try changing the initial xml encoding from the server to UTF-8, but there are problems.  I'm using Livelink to generate the xml.  The default encoding is ISO-8859-1, when changing it to UTF-8 the xml process fails (throws an error) on any unrecognized characters. (such as the apostrophe in question)  Is there any work around for this, given that the initial xml encoding needs to be ISO-8859-1?  Or, am I doomed if I can't change the initial xml encoding?

I believe the apostrophe in question is a "U+2019 : RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK".  How could I test for this in the xsl? What's the correct syntax to represent a U+2019 character in a stylesheet?  Here's the html file which I'm trying to insert into.  I am grabbing the body id and inserting the transformation into the body using innerHTML.

<head>

<link href="/Livelink/livelink.exe?func=doc.fetch&nodeid=219311" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript1.2" src="/Livelink/llisapi.dll?func=doc.fetch&nodeId=229696">
//This script does the transform
</SCRIPT>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=windows-1252">
</head>

<script language="javascript">
getResults();
</script>