Re: [xsl] How to used HTML tags with XML/XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to used HTML tags with XML/XSL
From: Ahmed El-dawy <aseldawy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:55:23 +0200
I can't understand exactly what you mean.
I have made XSL file called basicHTML.xsl with the copy template you gave to me.
I made another XSL file called tabbedNotebook.xsl with a template I use.
In the main XSL file which is used with XML files I write in the header:

<xsl:import href="basicHTML.xsl"/>
<xsl:include href="tabbedNotebook.xsl"/>

But it didn't work as I want.
If I made an error please tell me. If there's an easier way also tell me.

Thanks for your patience.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 16:37:18 GMT, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > It works correctly but it overrides other tags I use in other XSL
> > files and import using <xsl:import> tag.
>
> don't use "tag" unless you mean to refer to tags (which is almost never
> in an XSLT context)
>
> priority can't be used to override import precedence, so you don't want
> to give your default template in your top level file as then it will
> have highest import precedence.
>
> Either use xsl:include instead of xsl:import (then you can use priority
> to control which matches win) or put your template in a stylehseet of
> its own, and import this _last_ into your top level template so it has
> lower import precednce than everything else.
>

> > when I use xmlns:h and changed * to h:*, it does not do anything at all.
>
> As I mentioned that will only work if your input uses the xhtml
> namespace forthese elements. The XML Namespace system was designed for
> exactly this use, so that you can easily refer to all related elements
> with a single instruction, but if all your input is in no-namespace
> then obviously you can not use the xhtml namespace to refer to the
> elements that you want to copy.
>
> David

> http://www.star.net.uk

Regards,