RE: [xsl] How to Display as text the select predicates of apply-templates

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to Display as text the select predicates of apply-templates
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 09:07:49 -0000
Well, there aren't many programming languages that allow a program to read
its own source code, but you're in luck, because XSLT is one of them.

<xsl:value-of select="document('')/*/xsl:variable[@name='bool']/@select"/>

should do the trick.

The alternative solution to this problem is to have the search conditions
supplied as a string (for example in a stylesheet parameter or a
configuration file) and to use dyn:evaluate() to turn the string into an
expression that you can evaluate.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/