Re: [xsl] XSLT and comma's in XML data

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT and comma's in XML data
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:11:55 GMT
> If you look at the first example output this is how it is coming back
> UniqueRecordID, 2434,
> RegistrationNumber, 0203,
> RegisteredName, Bloggs,
> Address1, Bank
> Address2, Street
> Address3,
> Address4,
> PostCode, Town
> DateComplete, TR43 7TY
> DescriptionOfWorkItems, 20/01/2005,Shower,Dwelling house,

No, it isn't.

Look at the output of your xsl, for a start you have

> <xsl:template match="/">
> <xsl:text>UniqueRecordID, RegistrationNumber, RegisteredName,
> Address1, Address2, Address3, Address4,PostCode, DateComplete,
> DescriptionOfWorkItems </xsl:text> <xsl:apply-templates
> select="//BuildingRecord"/> </xsl:template>

so your headings all come on the first line.
xslt does absolutely nothing with the commas in your input, they are no
different from any letters. I assume you are feeding the output of xslt
into some spreadsheet or similar program, and it's that that is
interpretting the comma. How you hide the comma from that program
depends on that program.

David

http://www.star.net.uk