[xsl] Can i use apply-templates to match a xsl:template element?

Subject: [xsl] Can i use apply-templates to match a xsl:template element?
From: Chris <phatfish@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 13:38:58 +0000
I would like the output of a xsl:template element to appear in a
specific location in stylesheet. Can i use apply-templates to match
the template i want and have it output there?

eg:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:transform version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
<xsl:output method="html"/>

<xsl:template match="page">
		<head>

		</head>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:transform>

This file will be included into my stylesheets and used as a base
layout. I would like the xsl:template with name="main" to output into
the location above. But im not sure if this is allowed, does select
only relate an element in the source xml document?

I hope you can see what im trying to do,
Thanks :)