Re: [xsl] Can i use apply-templates to match a xsl:template element?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Can i use apply-templates to match a xsl:template element?
From: JBryant@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:54:31 -0600
Yes.

If I read this right, you want to control the order of the output. As you
have written it, header will always appear before main in your HTML
output.

Jay Bryant
Bryant Communication Services

Chris <phatfish@xxxxxxxxx>
03/18/2005 07:38 AM
Please respond to
xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

XSL List <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[xsl] Can i use apply-templates to match a xsl:template element?

I would like the output of a xsl:template element to appear in a
specific location in stylesheet. Can i use apply-templates to match
the template i want and have it output there?

eg:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:transform version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";>
<xsl:output method="html"/>

<xsl:template match="page">
                                 <head>

                                 </head>
id="header"><xsl:apply-templates select="header"/></div>
id="main"><xsl:apply-templates select="main"/></div>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:transform>

This file will be included into my stylesheets and used as a base
layout. I would like the xsl:template with name="main" to output into
the location above. But im not sure if this is allowed, does select
only relate an element in the source xml document?

I hope you can see what im trying to do,
Thanks :)