[xsl] write out xml *with* tags for data island inside xsl??

Subject: [xsl] write out xml *with* tags for data island inside xsl??
From: "Hardy Merrill" <HMerrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:40:41 -0400
MSXML4 and ASP.

I'm rendering an XML document with a style sheet and I'm passing a
separate XML document(regions_xmldoc) as a parameter.  I need
"regions_xmldoc" to be a data island for some javascript in the ASP
page that is doing the rendering.  I tried this in the style sheet:

<xml id="dsoRegions"><xsl:value-of select="$regions_xmldoc"/></xml>

but view source reveals that the page contains XML doc B without the
tags.  I know I can do this from the ASP page, but is there a way to get
"regions_xmldoc" to display *with* the tags, from within the style
sheet?

TIA.

Hardy Merrill