Re: [xsl] write out xml *with* tags for data island inside xsl??

Subject: Re: [xsl] write out xml *with* tags for data island inside xsl??
From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:52:14 +0200
On jeu, 2005-04-21 at 08:40 -0400, Hardy Merrill wrote:
> MSXML4 and ASP.
>
> I'm rendering an XML document with a style sheet and I'm passing a
> separate XML document(regions_xmldoc) as a parameter.  I need
> "regions_xmldoc" to be a data island for some javascript in the ASP
> page that is doing the rendering.  I tried this in the style sheet:
>
> <xml id="dsoRegions"><xsl:value-of select="$regions_xmldoc"/></xml>

As mentioned in the other answers, you should use copy-of instead of
value-of, but also note that the XML rec says that "Names beginning with
the string "xml", or with any string which would match (('X'|'x')
('M'|'m') ('L'|'l')), are reserved for standardization in this or future
versions of this specification."

Replacing <xml> by <_xml> would thus be more kosher...

Eric
--
Have you ever thought about unit testing XSLT templates?
                                                     http://xsltunit.org