Re: [xsl] Newbie question on Recusrion using XLST 1.0 Part 2

Subject: Re: [xsl] Newbie question on Recusrion using XLST 1.0 Part 2
From: omprakash.v@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 09:17:16 +0530
Hi,

        If you'd like the template  to be called based on some condition,
then the call to the template should occur inside the region where the
condition evaluates to true. I have modified your code to demonstrate this
below:

                     <xsl:choose>
                       <xsl:when
test="$employeeList/employees/employee[position() &gt; 1]"/>
                       <!--Get the remaining employee EID attributes -->
                       <xsl:call-template name="DisplayEmployees">
                               <xsl:with-param name="employeeList"
select="$employeeList[position() &gt; 1]"/>
                       </xsl:call-template>
<!-- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Note I have moved the
call-template inside the xsl:choose  -->
                       </xsl:choose>

Though in you case, there doesn't appear to be any need to perform this
check. Also, the above comment on your code doesn't mean that Iam
recommending this approach.

Cheers,
Omprakash.V

                    "Marco
                    Mastrocinque"         To:     <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    <mmfive@netspa        cc:     (bcc: omprakash.v/Polaris)
                    ce.net.au>            Subject:     [xsl] Newbie question on Recusrion using XLST 1.0 Part 2

                    05/02/2005
                    06:51 AM
                    Please respond
                    to xsl-list

Hi All,
       Following from my previous email. I have updated my code to no
avail.
Again I won't to display each EID attribute for each employee grouped by
division, using XSLT version 1.0.

Any suggestions most appreciated.

Thanks Marco Mastrocinque

<xsl:variable name="result">
   <xsl:call-template name="DisplayEmployees">
           <xsl:with-param name="employeeList" select="company/division"/>
   </xsl:call-template>
</xsl:variable>

<h3>The value of result is <xsl:value-of select="$result"/></h3>

</xsl:template>
    <xsl:template name="DisplayEmployees">
    <!--This is a recursive routine-->
    <xsl:param name="employeeList"/>
            <xsl:choose>
               <xsl:when test="not($employeeList)">
               <!--If the nodelist is empty return true-->
                      <xsl:text>true</xsl:text>
               </xsl:when>
               <xsl:otherwise>
                     <xsl:choose>
                     <!--Get the first employee EID attribute -->
                     <xsl:when test="$employeeList/employees/employee[1]">
                       <xsl:value-of select="@EID"/>
                     </xsl:when>
                     <xsl:otherwise>
                     <!--Get the remaianing EID attributes -->
                     <xsl:choose>
                       <xsl:when
test="$employeeList/employees/employee[position() &gt; 1]"/>
                       </xsl:choose>
                       <!--Get the remaining employee EID attributes -->
                       <xsl:call-template name="DisplayEmployees">
                               <xsl:with-param name="employeeList"
select="$employeeList[position() &gt; 1]"/>
                       </xsl:call-template>
                </xsl:otherwise>
             </xsl:choose>
            </xsl:otherwise>