RE: [xsl] XSL - Transforming 2 XSL stylesheets from 1 XML file

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSL - Transforming 2 XSL stylesheets from 1 XML file
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 11:47:20 +0100
> I have 2 different XSL stylesheets to do this. But, I can
> only assign one
> XSL stylesheet to the single XML file.

The <?xml-stylesheet?> processing instruction is only one way of associating
a stylesheet with a source document, and it's a very inflexible mechanism as
you have found. It's convenient when doing transformations client-side, but
that's about the only time one would want to use it.

Every XSLT processor offers an API (and a command line interface) allowing
you to transform source document X using stylesheet Y, without relying on
<?xml-stylesheet?>. This includes processors that run-client side - it just
means you have to write some Javascript.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/