Re: [xsl] XSL - Transforming 2 XSL stylesheets from 1 XML file

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL - Transforming 2 XSL stylesheets from 1 XML file
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05 May 2005 12:12:23 +0100
>>>>> "craig" == craig webber <craigwebber@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

    craig> One being for a desktop and the other for a
    craig> mobile device.

    craig> I have 2 different XSL stylesheets to do this. But, I can
    craig> only assign one XSL stylesheet to the single XML file. Sure
    craig> I can duplicate the single XML file, rename it and assign
    craig> the 2nd stylesheet and create my 2nd HTML transformation.

No. You can have multiple xml-stylesheet PIs, selectable according to
the target medium, and by a named preference.

In your case, it sounds like the medium should be sufficient - the
desktop would be selected by coding media="screen", and the mobile
device by media="handheld". You then invoke the XSLT transformer,
saying (by means of it's API) which medium to target.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire