[xsl] Switching Between Two Column Mode and One Column Mode - Peek Ahead?

Subject: [xsl] Switching Between Two Column Mode and One Column Mode - Peek Ahead?
From: "kent" <kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:56:55 +0100
Hi-ya

I am trying to transform a rss feeds.

Often they are circa 250 characters and then sometimes they have loads of
text.

When they are short I would like to format them (in html) into two columns
and when they are long I leave them in one column.

Currently one column mode looks like

<xsl:for-each select="rss/channel/item">
	table and contents
</xsl:for>

But I can't get my head around the problem of switching columns.

I have no problem testing the length.

But let's say I find a short one, well I should also test that the next one
is short, how do I peek ahead? And then say the next one is a short one how
do I get it's value, and skip it during the next iteration?

Any help would be grand, thanks

kent