RE: [xsl] Switching Between Two Column Mode and One Column Mode - Peek Ahead?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Switching Between Two Column Mode and One Column Mode - Peek Ahead?
From: "kent" <kent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 16:15:08 +0100
Like I said in the original post I have no problem testing the length of the
description. That is the easy bit. I am interested in the length of each
description and consequently the length of the next description.

Thanks though, however my problem is the Peek Ahead bit.

Here would be the algorithm:

<xsl:for-each select="rss/channel/item/description">

	<xsl:if test="string-length(description) &gt; 400">
			format description  as single column
	<xsl:if>

	<xsl:else>
		<xsl:if test="string-length(NEXTdescription) &lt; 400">
			format description & NEXTdescription as two column &
skip 			once
		<xsl:if>
		<xsl:else>
			format description  as single column