Re: [xsl] configuring a conditional

Subject: Re: [xsl] configuring a conditional
From: Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:01:01 -0400
On May 23, 2005, at 10:38 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

Remember, this part is just the styling language, where I use this sort
of convention throughtout; e.g.:

Yes but I'd rather specify the style used for et al separately (and in
only one place) not every time et al gets used in a rule that says what
to do if you are the 3rd occurrence of a reference to a 500 author paper
on high energy pysics.

Am not following. Can you explain again?

Currently I have this:

<names initialize-with=". " shorten-after="3" and-as=" &amp;"/>

... which IS apart from the citation and bibliography elements, and so is global for the style.

However, I've since found out the APA style specifies two different rule sets: one for citations and another for bibliographies.

So we need to allow configuration in two places; not any more. Most citation style would only have a single rule:

<rule min-authors="4"...

As for occurrence in the text, all that matters is whether it's the first, or not, and many style don't even care about that distinction.

Bruce