RE: [xsl] 2 Questions on message and whitespace

Subject: RE: [xsl] 2 Questions on message and whitespace
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:24:21 +0100
> > and I am generating this attribute as
> > <xsl:attribute name="T58"><xsl:value-of  select="$dnode/comments"
> > disable-output-escaping="yes"/></xsl:attribute>
>

> disable-output-escaping is not allowed on xsl:attribute
> (there have been
> drafts of XSLT 2.0 that allowed it, but no longer)

To be more precise, specifying disable-output-escaping when creating a text
node that is used to define the value of an attribute node is a recoverable
error in XSLT 1.0, the processor can either report it as an error or ignore
it. In 2.0 it's no longer an error, the processor is obliged to ignore it.
Either way, you're better off not specifying it.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/