RE: [xsl] AltovaXML Parser

Subject: RE: [xsl] AltovaXML Parser
From: "Kate Atkins" <katkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:11:23 -0400
I took a piece of it for a spin yesterday, for validation on the command
line.

its major flaw is its lack of ability to report errors back, either in
reference to the XML or the DTD (and by extension, I assume this holds
for Schemas as well). It just returns "valid" or "invalid". Not really
useful. The DTD and XML are valid inside the regular old XMLSpyPro, but
the parser found the contrary to be true, with no given reason.

It seems like other implementations of the validation piece (java etc)
have some ability to capture at least the last reported error, but in
sum, I've moved on to working with XML Starlet for batch validation
outside of XMLSpy because it at least has the decency to communicate.

I'm interested in what people say about the XSLT piece though. I've been
using Saxon for quite some time, since it integrated 2.0 so much earlier
than the engine native to XMLSpy. I've been satisfied with Saxon but
always keep my ears open.

Kate

Kate Atkins
XML Content Manager