Re: [xsl] appending to result-document

Subject: Re: [xsl] appending to result-document
From: Rahil <qamar_rahil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:23:46 +0100
Thanks Michael and Sam for your responses.

Using xsl:message and pipelining seem to be good solutions although I'll be tempted to use xsl:message as I already have 3 files in the pipeline !

I have used xsl:message several times to debug my files or test intermediary output. But I wasnt aware that I could actually store these messages in some file. Could you either tell me how to do it or point me to some web page where I can read some more ?

Im presently running all my xsl files using the Transformer class in the JAXP API.

Thanks again
Rahil

Michael Kay wrote:

Yes, for producing a log like this I would recommend xsl:message. The Saxon
implementation of xsl:message allows you some control over the formatting
and destination of the messages (but only from Java, not from the command
line).

The other way to do it is to write a single result tree that contains real
output interleaved with log output, and then postprocess it (pipelining
again!) with a transformation that makes two passes over the input,
outputting first the "real output" and then the "log".

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/