Re: [xsl] Increment a variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] Increment a variable
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:47:48 +0100
> Maybe my adaptation of  this
> type of solution for a problem of this sort is wrong and you or someone
> else could clarify on this.

Yes, you don't want to use ancestor as typically there are rather few
nodes on the ancestor axis. Also it's unlikely that the original poster
really needs a variable going between 1 and 1000, as I said in my reply,
that idiom  is usuallly just C idiom for iterating over some construct,
for which there are more natural idioms in xsl.

David

http://www.star.net.uk