[xsl] Processing multiple lists

Subject: [xsl] Processing multiple lists
From: "Emerson, Matt" <Matt.Emerson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:22:43 -0400
Hello,

I have a document madeup of 3 lists of nodes that looks something like
this...

<list1>
	<node1 id=1>....stuff....</node>
	<node1 id=1>....stuff....</node>
	<node1 id=N>....stuff....</node>
</list1>
<list2>
	<node2 id=1>....stuff....</node>
	<node2 id=1>....stuff....</node>
	<node2 id=N>....stuff....</node>
</list2>
<list3>
	<node3 id=1>....stuff....</node>
	<node3 id=1>....stuff....</node>
	<node3 id=N>....stuff....</node>
</list3>

I have some transforms I want to apply to the document based on the
content stored in list2.  However, I also want to do some processing on
list1 and list3 based upon what happens in list2.  For instance, if I
add a node to list2 at position N-1, I want to add a new node to lists1
and lists3 and the same for deleting a node at the same position.

It occurs to me that while processing the contents of list1 and list3, I
could just test the contents of list2 to see if some action is required.
However, it seems wasteful to me to run the same test three times.

Is there someway I could store the results of testing so that I could
use it while processing each list?

Thanks,

Matt