Re: [xsl] inserting an element (was: Up-conversion using XSLT 1.0)

Subject: Re: [xsl] inserting an element (was: Up-conversion using XSLT 1.0)
From: Ragulf Pickaxe <ragulf.pickaxe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:45:01 +0200
Hi Manfred,

I think that the reason that you have not had any responses to the
original post is in your problem.

As far as I remember, in your original post you mentioned that you had
a "minimal" XML input, meaning with minimum amount of structure. That
being the case, you have crippled yourself. There is nothing in the
structure that makes a solution easy, and I think you would be better
of with tools like regular expression engines or such for recognising
differences between text-2... and text-something-other-than-2.

Otherwise: a recursive solution with substring-before and
substring-after using &#13; (or is it &#10; for line-feed? I never can
remember), and another test on each line.

Your problem gets much worse if what you have sent is but a sample,
and you have to recognise much more different pieces of text.

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)

<Snip/>