[xsl] XSL2 attribute and schema-attribute tests

Subject: [xsl] XSL2 attribute and schema-attribute tests
From: Soren Kuula <dongfang@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:33:30 +0100
Hi,

If I do a <xsl:whatever select="attribute(foo)"/>, does the select the not default to the child axis, giving me an axis with the principal node type Element, and a node test that selects attributes? In other words, nothing is ever selected? In other words again, I must use "@attribute(foo)" or "attribute::attribute(foo) to ever select anything using attribute() ? Just wanting to make sure I didn't gat anything wrong. (if I'm right that sure is going to confuse some people in the near future).

Does the same thing apply to schema-attribute?

Another one:

Will "self::node()/@foo" ever select anything, or any nodes not by killed .. killed by axes .. even two of them, disjoint princpal node types?

Thanks for any reply
Soren