Re: [xsl] looping over a string?

Subject: Re: [xsl] looping over a string?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:00:30 GMT
> Is there some way I could loop over each character of a variable containing
> the string "ABC[...]XYZ",

in xpath2 you could use (for-example) string-to-codepoints() to get a
sequence to iterate over.

In xslt1 you'd have to use a recursive template or an extension
function. Previously when I've wanted to iterate over an alphabet I've
given myself an input document rather than a string to start with:
<x>
so that for-each over document('letters.xml')/x/l
does what you want.

David

http://www.star.net.uk