Re: [xsl] Advocate for C# .NET + 100% XSLT Processing

Subject: Re: [xsl] Advocate for C# .NET + 100% XSLT Processing
From: Nick Fitzsimons <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:00:00 +0000
Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
I am an XSLT junky.. I get it.
I also get C# and .NET, and I too was a EXTREMELY heavy ASP developer
( Ref:  http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200309/msg00227.html )

This is mostly a shout out, and feel free to shout back.

Is there such sites dedicated to this approach?  Oh, I should mention
that, to qualify as a C# + 100% XSLT Processing member, you must vow
to never NEVER use the .NET design UI.  Strip it out!  Lose the page
wrapped in a FORM tag!  Say goodbye to the calendar control!  Besides
you can write a better one with XSLT!

Karl..

At a previous job I got a good way through converting our existing CMS (ASP + XSLT) to this approach, but wasn't able to get it to a deployable state before business dried up and I was made redundant.

The approach I eventually settled on was to extend System.Web.IHttpHandler, thus ditching all presentational aspects of ASP.NET. It was a neat system and, if I get back into .NET stuff, I'll do the same again.

FWIW, the clients I'm curently working with are taking the same approach, but powered by the Java Servlet API. The architectural similarities to my system are interesting, given that their version 1 system (we're live with version 2 in a week) was created about 5 years ago. I suppose good ideas never go out of fashion.

Cheers,

Nick.
--
Nick Fitzsimons