Re: [xsl] Advocate for C# .NET + 100% XSLT Processing

Subject: Re: [xsl] Advocate for C# .NET + 100% XSLT Processing
From: "Karl Stubsjoen" <kstubs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 11:34:25 -0700
Yep, for at least 3 years my approach has been ASP + 100% XSLT.  Hmmm,
I honestly can't remember that last time I looped through a recordset.
 It is just recent my move to .NET and C#, which is probably a leap of
appx. 100 times the language and environment that classic ASP ever
was.  It is fantastic! Well except for, and let me rerant (if that is
a word, and if it isn't it oughta be):  The XML you get from an
ADO.NET dataset is retarded!

I plan to follow your links, and dig into the broader technologies
available.  I have, and will continue to dabble in things like AJAX
and ClientSide transformations.  I will most definitely be avoiding
"ATLAS".. why?  and I've never even looked at it? Because I'm sure
there is a huge hook, and the hook is the microsoft way, and the hook
is probably a designer UI, and on and on... besides, how complicated
really is AJAX (rhetorical question)?

I'll be in touch, this weekend I am creating a web service (my own)
and am fairly deep.

Karl..

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200309/msg00227.html )