Re: [xsl] Conditional test is failing

Subject: Re: [xsl] Conditional test is failing
From: "Jon Gorman" <jonathan.gorman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:46:17 -0600
> > This is a FAQ, although I'm never quite sure why
> > people try putting elements within attriubtes.
>
> <ashamed> I should have read the documentation before
> asking the question.</ashamed>

Don't feel bad, I didn't mean to sound snarky.  It's just one of those
things that never would have occurred to me to try so I was surprised
the first time I saw a person do it.  Before I discovered the
attribute-value-templates I used the full..
<xsl:element name="blah">
<xsl:attribute name="foo">
and so on.  Every time I see people fall into this trap I'm still a
bit surprised they did that rather than go with the longer way that
would be sure to work and is XMLish.

Of course, it could be because more people than I think attempt to
learn both XML and XSLT at the same time.  I learned XML before I
started doing XSLT, and perhaps that's part of it.

Jon Gorman