Re: [xsl] Re: Un-cdata-section-elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Un-cdata-section-elements
From: "Alexander Johannesen" <alexander.johannesen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 22:44:23 +1100

On 3/22/06, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> XHTML does not require a CDATA section here or anywhere else.

No, but XSLT processors still throw it in if needed or not.

> You only need to use CDATA at all
> if you want to use < and & but not escape them as &lt; and &amp;.
> It's usually easy enough to avoid these characters in javascript
> anyway. & isn't used much and you can usually use > instead of <
> just by reordering the expression.

But this has never been about what I can cook up manually; it is about
what XSLT processors spit out. I know libXSLT has a special
output="xhtml" option (but I don't know if this fixes this specific
problem; I'll give it a try tomorrow), but most processors deals with
"html|xml|text" and I would like to have this within those parameters.

Anyways, I think the answer is 'no' to if this can be solved
absolutely without hacking or relying on specific processor behaviour.

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert