Re: [xsl] Re: Un-cdata-section-elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: Un-cdata-section-elements
From: "Nick Fitzsimons" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 12:06:10 -0000 (GMT)
>> > No, that's not good enough; the output I want to be valid XHTML 1.0
>> > Strict, and as such it needs to live in a CDATA section,
>
> On 3/22/06, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> XHTML does not require a CDATA section here or anywhere else.
>
> No, but XSLT processors still throw it in if needed or not.

Which processor does that? I've just run a quick test through Xalan 2.2,
Saxon 6.5.5 and MSXML 3.0 and none of them forced a CDATA section upon me
using <xsl:output method="xml"/>, which is the output method you need to
produce XHTML. (Actually, they don't do it with output method "html",
either.)

Regards,

Nick.
--