Re: [xsl] XSL template "namespace" problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL template "namespace" problem
From: Ian Bonnycastle <ibonny@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 10:24:01 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Jon Gorman wrote:

Honestly, I think you need to take a step back and get some tutorial
information on XSLT and try to have the stylesheet separate from the
xml docs..

Hmm... I guess I'm confused about your definition of "embedded stylesheeet". My XML doc and XSLT file are seperate. When I mean "flat" XSLT file, I'm talking about expanded values for <xsl:for-each> and <xsl:if>, etc. I'm trying to see what my browser sees before it parses it, as thats the only way I know how to debug a stylesheet. I'm not trying to do anything fancier than take XML input and produce HTML output, but with having Javascript at the top to do some fancy things based on the XML input. In effect, I want my XSLT to create a Javascript/HTML hybrid output page. From what xsltproc is outputting, thats exactly what I'm getting.

I should ahve clarified my former statements by saying "When I take xsltproc's output and look at it like an HTML file, it works." I.E. the HTML output from xsltproc works as expected.. but IE is not. It complains of things like "'FirstLink' is undefined", when it appears in my xlsproc'ed output as a division name. That pretty much tells me that IE is producing output thats completely different than xsltproc.

I totally understand that I need more tutorials regarding XSLT and XML, but the truth of the matter is this: I can't find any good ones that explain some of the finer points of what I'm attempting to do. Of course, because I don't have formal training in the material, I'm probably not explaining my problem the way it should be to get the answer I'm looking for. Sorry about the confusion.

Ian