RE: [xsl] Convert milliseconds into date

Subject: RE: [xsl] Convert milliseconds into date
From: "xslt xslfo" <xslt.techie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 09:11:17 -0500
Hello:

I am sorry I do not quite understand. Let me try to be explain what is
happening on my side. There is an external application that is
supplying this parameter called "longdate" to the style sheet and that
is a complete black box to me. All the information I have is that this
parameter called longdate is in long format.  So on XSL:fo I just say
<xsl:param name="longdate"/>
The value I get when I try to print this is 1143228551205 (just as an
example).

Is there any way to use javascripts on XSL:FO. I know it can be done
on XSLT. Can it be done on XSL:FO? Otherwise, can anyone please help
me get a solution to this?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

-----------------------------------
Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The $in which is in milliseconds is an external parameter declared on
> the stylesheet using

The actual type of $in depends on whether you have declared the type in the
xsl:param declaration (I suspect you haven't, or you would have told us) and
on the object supplied in the invocation of the stylesheet. If you are
running from the command line, then the value will be untypedAtomic. If you
are running from a Java application, then it depends on what you supply in
the call: if you supply a Long, the value will be an xs:integer; if you
supply a String, it will be an xs:string.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/