RE: [xsl] Character 150 withs Windows-1252 output

Subject: RE: [xsl] Character 150 withs Windows-1252 output
From: "XSLList" <XSLList@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:00:02 +0100
Andrew,

If you are using MSXML (I'm glad to hear we are not the only MSXML users)
the encoding will be controlled by the ASP/VB or whatever programming
language you are using.

MSXML seems to ignore <xsl:output encoding=" Windows-1252" method="xml"/>

We find we have to set the encoding in the processing code [Response.Charset
= "ISO-8859-1"] and then for good measure replace the UTF-16 declaration at
the top of any MSXL parsed result [Response.Write Replace(objXSLProc.output,
"UTF-16", " Windows-1252")]

Messy but until MSXML allows for setting the encoding it seems the only
option.

P.S we actually use ISO-8859-15 as you can't assume everyone uses windows ;)

William Charlton
The yMonda team
yMonda Limited
w: www.ymonda.net

Andrew Welch said

Why is it that #150 gets escaped when using Windows-1252 output
encoding when it should contain that character?