[xsl] "output" of xsl select into attribute of xml element?

Subject: [xsl] "output" of xsl select into attribute of xml element?
From: bitte.um.hilfe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 11:42:57 +0200
Hi everybody,

at the moment I am facing the following problem:

I'd like to pass stored information (stored in XML) on to the output as meta information, but I don't have a clue how to get the output of an xsl select or whatever statement into the attribute of an element...?
My current try looks as follows:

<xsl:variable name="var_description" select="PATH_TO_MY_RESOURCE" />

but for sure the XML meta tag is just taken as it is, because there is no xsl processing instruction =(

would be greate if someone could help me with that tiny question!

thanks

with best regards

Tom

using xslt 1.0 / xerces 2.6.2
--

"Feel free" b 10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat ...