Re: [xsl] Transforming multiple XML files into one file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Transforming multiple XML files into one file
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:27:44 +0100
> David,
> can you show me an example XSLT of how you would combine multiple XML
>  files using a target element within each file? Say the <document>
> element?

not sure what you mean but if you have  a file

and go

<xsl:variable name="files" select="document(document('files.xml')/files/z)"/>

then $files is a node set of three document nodes representing one.xml
two.xml and three.xml and you can apply
templates to all three at once with
<xsl:apply-templates select="$files"/>
or extract elements from all three documents with
xsl:for-each select="$files/some/path/to/here"