Re: [xsl] [FXSL] Using document('') to get the high-level function (+ a little bug?)

Subject: Re: [xsl] [FXSL] Using document('') to get the high-level function (+ a little bug?)
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 16:46:37 +0200 (CEST)
Dimitre Novatchev wrote:

  Hi

> >  There is no mailing list on the SF.net project page for
> > FXSL, but I think my question is on topic here (Dimitre,
> > could you please let me know if there is a more
> > appropriate place to discuss FXSL?).

> There are three fora for the FXSL project:

>  FXSL Help
>  Help
>  Open Discussion

  Ok, I always forget to check the forum availability on
SF.net projects, I only think to check for mailing list...

> There's also a Developers forum, which is visible only
> project members.

> I agree with Colin and would be glad to add you as a
> developer to the FXSL project -- please, let me know.

  Thank you.  I'd be very pleased to join you.  I'll
contact you off list.

> [...]

> You're right, the reason is historical.

> What is more, do not use this template at all -- there is
> an xsl:function named f:zipWith and it should be used with
> FXSL2.

  Ok, I missed them at the first glance.  Actually, that
answers a few more questions I has (why not use XPath
functions, why not use @as, etcetera).

> [...]

> Here one doesn't manually provide/code a reference to a
> function that adds its two arguments -- FXSL provides
> higher-order function wrappers as f:add() above, which
> evaluate to the necessary reference. Also, these wrappers
> are identically named as the referenced original F & O
> function/operator (if we disregard the namespace), so in
> order to pass the "+" operator as a parameter one simply
> writes "f:add()"

  Very interesting!

> This will be presented and discussed in detail in my
> presentation at the Extreme Markup Languages 2006
> conference in August.

  Unfortunately, it is far from Belgium and quite
expensive :-(.  And as I already went to XML Prague, I doubt
my employer let me go to Montrial in six weeks.  What a
pity, there will be very interesting talks and speakers!  I
hope you'll make your notes available ;-)

  Thanks for your response.

  Regards,

--drkm

Yahoo! Mail riinvente le mail ! Dicouvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail et son interface rivolutionnaire.
http://fr.mail.yahoo.com