RE: [xsl] statically known namespaces

Subject: RE: [xsl] statically known namespaces
From: "Jacoby, Peter R." <PJACOBY@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:24:47 -0400
> But the definition doesn't have to be global.  It can be per-project,
> or per-XML language, or per-directory, or based on regexps on the file
> name or on the state of the moon (but some functionalities can depend
> on your editor's capabilities).

I use Edit Plus (www.editplus.com) for my XSLT work and it has a great
feature
of being able to define a template for any file extension.  It's not quite as
good as configurable options for namespaces, but it works great for me.  So
when
I ask for a new .xsl file, instead of a blank page, I start with this:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="no" indent="yes"
encoding="UTF-8"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
	<xsl:apply-templates select=""/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="">

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

and the cursor is moved to between the quotes of the select attribute of the
first template.  This way I don't have to remember the XSLT namespaces and
the
output attributes that I usually start with are pre-set.

The tool also allows me to type
applytsw
which automatically gets expanded to
<xsl:apply-templates select="">
	<xsl:with-param name="" select=""/>
</xsl:apply-templates>
and hundreds of other text replacements like this so I never have to type
<xsl:

You can predefine any text replacements which has been a great way to
customize
the tool to how I use the language.  It doesn't do intellisense which would
be
nice sometimes, but isn't usually necessary.

I also have a .xslfo template and text replace rules set up for the small
amount
of XSL-FO work I do.

-Peter