RE: [xsl] Getting the Base Character of Character with Diacritic

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting the Base Character of Character with Diacritic
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 08:59:15 +0100
Following up on suggestions from others, if NFKD is supported then the
following should work reasonably well for European languages:

replace(normalize-unicode($in, 'NFKD'), '[&#x0300;-&#x036F;]', '')

or if you prefer

codepoints-to-string(string-to-codepoints(normalize-unicode($in,
'NFKD'))[not(. = 768 to 879)])

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/